Whether you're buying for your own kids or a special someone's, room decor gifts are sure to be a hit. From classic wall art to cozy rugs and colorful furniture pieces, there are plenty of things to choose from that have the potential to take a child's bedroom from drab to fab in an instant.
Explore some of the best and most unique gift ideas for kids' rooms– from different styles, moods, colors to decoration trends that let you give your children something both practical and fun.
Introducing Themed Decor
Think about what type of themes could bring the bedroom to life. Are they into sports? If so, buy displays or items that are related to or featuring their favorite teams. Or maybe they're more interested in something like outer space or animals– you'll be able to find plenty of decorative items with these motifs as well.
You can also take it one step further and look for items with cool details that express their interests and personalities. This could range from holiday-themed decorative pillows to wall art featuring quotes that reflect how they feel about specific topics. Adding themed decor will definitely elevate their bedroom and add some personality!
Reimagining Their Walls With Wall Art
Wall art is a great way to let your child's personality shine, and you can find something to match their passions and interests.
For the sports enthusiast, hang up posters of their favorite teams or soccer star! For the budding scientists, a custom periodic table of elements is sure to spark curiosity in learning. Cartoon-obsessed kiddos will love to plaster their walls with comic art of their favorite characters.
You can even bring their wall artwork up a notch with 3D wall decals or wall mosaics that allow for more customization options. Plus, these are both easy for kids to remove and recycle—so you won't have to worry about any permanent damage to the walls when it comes time for a change.
Bring Organization to Their Room
One of the most useful (and fun!) gifts you could give your little one is a way to bring some organization into their room. Kids' toys, books and other items can pile up quickly and having a system in place will help teach them how to manage their own belongings.
Here are a few ideas that can start kids off with being organized:
- Bins: These come in all sizes, shapes and colors making it easy to find one that'll fit your kid's decor. They're perfect for storing items like stuffed animals, action figures or Legos, but can also be used for smaller items or even dirty laundry!
- Shelves: They are perfect for items that require more space, like books or art supplies. If your kid is a bit older, consider adding a shelf that's adjustable so that they can play around with what goes where as they grow.
- Toy storages: Like our Over Door Toy Storage, these are great for holding larger toys and stuffed animals. Plus, it gives kids an incentive to keep their room clean since they can put all of their toys away in it when they're done playing. Even better, look for a multi-function one like this Bean Bag Storage Chair so your little one can enjoy an extra seat if needed!
Invest in Quality Furniture Pieces
Investing in quality furniture pieces is a great way to get the most use out of them for a longer period of time. It’s also important to make sure that these pieces are both comfortable and esthetically pleasing – after all, your child will appreciate it much more if they actually like how their bedroom looks and feels!
Here are some ideas for furniture pieces that will leave a lasting impression:
- Beds and Mattresses: Whether it's a classic bunk bed that can transition along with them as they grow, or a memory foam mattress with the right cushioning support, these types of gifts can make all the difference in getting your little one a good night’s sleep.
- Storage Solutions: You can go big and get some built-in cubbyholes or cabinets, or opt for more fun and whimsical storage units like dressers or toy boxes with fun illustrations on them.
- Decorative Pieces: This type of gift allows you to keep things fresh while still keeping their bedroom unique - perfect if they're still trying to decide on their favorite style!
Add a Little Bit of Nature Indoors
Adding a natural element into your kid's room is a great way to inspire their creativity and curiosity while also making it feel like home.
Consider getting your kid some fun wall decals or stickers inspired by nature. Wall decals are super easy to apply and remove, and come in a variety of shapes, sizes and designs for every esthetic. From wild animals to majestic mountains, wall decals will bring some life into any kids' room - plus you won't have to worry about them ever getting bored with it!
Additionally, install posters of their favorite landscapes or national parks. Framed artworks are always an option too, which provide an added level of sophistication that's sure to impress any guest!
Enjoyable Activities That Add to the Fun
From arts and crafts to board games, you have a whole range of options available to bring some fun into the bedroom.
- Arts and Crafts: Great for free play and can help develop motor skills in young children. There are hundreds of kits out there in different themes such as painting, drawing, coloring, clay molding, origami and other paper crafts.
- Board Games: An excellent way to get kids off the screens and enjoying good old-fashioned family fun! There are options out there that range from classic favorites like Monopoly or Scrabble to more modern challenges like Stop Thief! or Apples to Apples Junior, which kids of all ages can enjoy together.
Finding special and fun gift ideas for kids’ rooms is something that both children and adults alike will enjoy. Best of all, with the right gift ideas, you'll be creating a unique and personal room full of amazing memories and space for your child to grow and learn.